CEO and Senior Instructor
About the instructor
Sara is a passionate tutor and online trainer who specializes in using the Orton-Gillingham (OG) approach while working with students with Dyslexia and any other learning differences. She has trained in many OG-based programs and has been certified to teach the OG approach from the Dyslexia Training Institute based out of the University of San Diego. Sara has helped develop the aardvark program and has made it unique by using her extensive background in sport and physical activity (M.A. Human Kinetics) to integrate movement in order to build physical literacy and traditional literacy in struggling students.
Become an expert in open syllable spelling patterns, and get the ready-to-use lessons to help you teach your students!
Building on what you’ve learned in the first few courses, you’ll get to know the open syllable. This will answer some questions about why vowels make one sound in some words and another in different words. You’ll again be getting all of the lesson and extras you’ll need!
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Identify and explain the open syllable pattern.
- Demonstrate the proper pronunciations of the long vowels.
- Teach your students to identify and properly pronounce the 'y' at the end of 1 syllable or multi-syllabic words.
- Explain the technique for adding suffixes to root words ending in the letter 'y'.
- Teach your students when to double the final consonant in a multi-syllabic word when adding a suffix.
- Explain and describe the open syllable schwa.
- Demonstrate all activities within the Activities List.
Still unsure if this is the right course for you? Check out the free trial. If you decide that this IS the course you’ve been waiting for to get yourself trained up to help a struggling reader AND make money while doing it, then make the purchase! If after 30 days you are not satisfied with the course, you will receive a full refund.