CEO and Senior Instructor
About the instructor
Sara is a passionate tutor and online trainer who specializes in using the Orton-Gillingham (OG) approach while working with students with Dyslexia and any other learning differences. She has trained in many OG-based programs and has been certified to teach the OG approach from the Dyslexia Training Institute based out of the University of San Diego. Sara has helped develop the aardvark program and has made it unique by using her extensive background in sport and physical activity (M.A. Human Kinetics) to integrate movement in order to build physical literacy and traditional literacy in struggling students.
Imagine! Getting all of the ready-to-use lesson plans AND all the training you'll need to implement Module 1 all in one place!
This is aardvark’s first Orton-Gillingham based module. Here we will teach you each skill that you will need to use with your student within Module 1 of the aardvark program. You will also get all of the lesson plans, word lists and extras that you will be using with your students. This is the course that will get you started working with your student.
In order to begin this course, you must have completed Intro to aardvark.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Perform each activity within the phonemic awareness chapter with confidence.
- Implement all short vowel, single consonant, consonant digraph and consonant blend lessons, including each multi-sensory activity within those lessons.
- Confidently perform each multi-sensory, skill-building activity on the Aardvark Activities List (over 20!).
- Describe to your student how to use the student binder as a resource for themselves.
Why should I choose aardvark over other, more established programs?
Aardvark is the only program that integrates training in the Orton-Gillingham method, a full set of ready to use lessons, readers and extras all while using activities that build physical literacy while teaching dyslexic or struggling readers how to successfully read and spell. You’ll get a traditional OG program that’s also active, fun and effective!
Why should I open a tutoring clinic?
In many, many areas around the world, there are not enough resources to serve the over 20% of all people who have difficulty with reading and spelling. Your clinic will be part of the solution and will be well positioned to find clients. If you’re taking this course to help your own child, consider opening a clinic to help others too!
Can I use this in my classroom?
Yes! The background knowledge you will receive will be invaluable in helping the struggling readers in your classroom. If you are able to work with students 1-on-1 you can use the ready-to-use lesson plans and get started! You can even modify the lessons to work with small group of students!
How long will this training take?
This module will take around 15-20 hours to complete. This course work can be done at your own pace, on your own time. Keep in mind that you can complete the Intro course and Module 1 and start with a student while you complete the other modules in your own time!
How long before I can open up a clinic and start helping students?
After you complete the Intro to aardvark course and Module 1, you can start working with students. You can begin the logistics of setting up your business anytime, even while working on the Intro module or even before that! Why not start today?
Where can I find an Aardvark Certified Tutor?
Aardvark Certified Tutors can be found HERE.
What if I am dyslexic? Can I still teach this course?
Yes! If you are dyslexic you are in the unique position of understanding the struggles of your students. Much of our content is video-based and our text-based content is accompanied by audio.
Still unsure if this is the right course for you? Check out the free trial. If you decide that this IS the course you’ve been waiting for to get yourself trained up to help a struggling reader AND make money while doing it, then make the purchase! If after 30 days you are not satisfied with the course, you will receive a full refund.
- 1. Phonemic Awareness FREE PREVIEW
- Phoneme Counting FREE PREVIEW
- Phoneme Deletion FREE PREVIEW
- Phoneme Matching FREE PREVIEW
- Phoneme Segmentation FREE PREVIEW
- Phoneme Substitution FREE PREVIEW
- Phoneme Blending FREE PREVIEW
- Phonemic Awareness Lesson Plan FREE PREVIEW
- 2. Short Vowels FREE PREVIEW
- Short Vowel Pictures FREE PREVIEW
- Short Vowel Sound Chart FREE PREVIEW
- 3. Single Consonants FREE PREVIEW
- Single Consonants Sound Chart FREE PREVIEW
- 4. Consonant Digraphs FREE PREVIEW
- Consonant Digraphs Sound Chart FREE PREVIEW
- 5. Consonant Blends FREE PREVIEW
- Consonant Blends Sound Chart FREE PREVIEW
- Activities List - Sound Lessons FREE PREVIEW
- Index Card Activities FREE PREVIEW
- Sand Tray FREE PREVIEW
- Play Dough FREE PREVIEW
- Blending Cards FREE PREVIEW
- Letter Magnets FREE PREVIEW
- Floor Letters FREE PREVIEW
- Foot Tracing FREE PREVIEW
- Arm Tracing FREE PREVIEW
- Bounce the Sound FREE PREVIEW
- Bucket Toss FREE PREVIEW
- Stork Stand FREE PREVIEW
- Stops and Starts FREE PREVIEW
- Standing Broad Jump FREE PREVIEW
- Island Jumping FREE PREVIEW
- Galloping FREE PREVIEW
- Foot Dribbling FREE PREVIEW
- Dodge the Cones FREE PREVIEW
- Log Rolling FREE PREVIEW
- Jump Rope FREE PREVIEW
- Crossing the Pond FREE PREVIEW
- Hand Dribbling FREE PREVIEW
- Ball Hockey FREE PREVIEW
- Balloon Volleyball FREE PREVIEW